Confidentiality policy for ROALD
ROMANIAN ASSOCIATION FOR LIVER DISEASES (hereinafter referred to as "RoALD"), a non-profit medical association, based in Bucharest, Sector 2, Soş. Fundeni, Nr. 254, Et. 4, Cabinet 9, registered in the Register of Associations and Foundations under no. 26652 / A / 2018, having fiscal code 40152865, legally represented by President Gheorghe Liliana-Simona M.D. PhD, processes personal data, as a personal data operator, for legitimate purposes.
The processing of personal data is carried out in compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as "GDPR"), applicable from May 25, 2018, as well as the requirements imposed by national legislation.
The processing of personal data is carried out under conditions that ensure the confidentiality and security of personal data, as well as the respect of your rights, as the data subject of the processing.
In this Policy on the protection of personal data, we will briefly explain to you what "personal data" means and the processing thereof, as well as what data we collect from you, for what purposes we use them and what is the legal basis based on which we use them (we process). These will vary depending on the category (s) of data subjects you belong to, respectively if you are or want to become a RoALD member, if you want to attend congresses or other medical events organized by RoALD, if you would like to contact us using the form contact made available on the site or if you are a simple visitor to our site.
We will also explain to you who has access to your personal data, what is the period of data storage, and what rights you have in connection with the processing of your personal data and where you can exercise these rights, including the right to opposes processing or withdrawing your consent for processing previously expressed.
What does personal data mean? Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, directly or indirectly.
What does the processing of personal data mean? The processing of personal data means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data, with or without the use of automated means, such as collection, recording, use, organization, consultation, combination, storage, modification, extraction, transmission, blocking, restriction, deletion, destruction, archiving of personal data, etc.
To whom do the personal data we process (or who the data subjects of the processing) belong to?The persons concerned by the processing by RoALD of the personal data may belong to the following categories: a) Persons who wish to become or already are RoALD members; b) Participants in medical events organized by RoALD, regardless of whether they are RoALD members or not; c) People who visit the RoALD website; d) People who contact us through the contact form available on the RoALD website;
Where do we get your personal data? We collect personal data directly from you, either when you access our site (through cookies), or when you contact us through the contact form provided on the RoALD website or at the time when you register for a RoALD event, or when you submit your application for membership as a RoALD member.
What personal data do we process, why do we also process them based on a legal basis? RoALD processes data, as a personal data operator, according to the following category (s):
I. IF YOU ARE OR WANT TO BE A ROALD MEMBER THE PROCESSING IS NECESSARY FOR YOUR ACCESSION. AT THE ROALD ASSOCIATION AND FOR THE RESPECT OF THE STATUTE OF THIS
When you want to register as a RoALD member, you are bound to comply with the RoALD Statute. The statutory provisions provide for you with more obligations that require the processing of personal data by RoALD, as well as rights reserved to RoALD members for the exercise of which it is necessary for us to process certain personal data.
Therefore, both for your registration as a RoALD member and for the exercise of your rights and the performance of the obligations provided by the RoALD Statute for the members of the association, including the collection of the RoALD membership fee, we may process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data: (name, surname, sex, age, date of birth, NOC, serial and identity card / passport number, signature); • Contact details: e-mail address; no. by telephone, mailing address; • Banking data in order to maintain the record of the payment of contributions (no. Bank account, bank and branch where the bank account was opened); • Data on the professional activity (such as profession, specialty, professional and university degree, the name and address of the current workplace and of previous jobs, the position held, the educational institutions graduated).
Following your creation of a user account on the website www.roald.ro, the personal data entered will be able to be viewed both by the people in RoALD management and / or the staff of the association, as well as by the IT developer in charge of the maintenance and management of the site and the specialized company that provides the hosting of the site.
The other personal data mentioned in the application for registration in RoALD, but not found in the online account of RoALD member, as well as those necessary to ensure the exercise of the rights and the fulfillment of the obligations stipulated by the RoALD Statute (such as the series and the identity card / passport number or the bank data ) may not be viewed by other RoALD members, but only by RoALD management and / or the staff of the association.
Also, the e-mail address may also be used to reach the purposes of the RoALD association, namely dissemination of specialized information and raising the scientific and technical level of the members of the association.
PROCESSING ON THE BASIS OF YOUR CONSENT
RoALD may process your email address for the purpose of informing you of RoALD's activity, if we have your consent in this regard.
You may not agree to the processing of your email address for this purpose, or if you have agreed to the processing for this purpose in the past, but you no longer wish to receive emails regarding RoALD activity, you may unsubscribe at any time, free of charge and without any motivation to unsubscribe.
Unsubscribing will not affect your RoALD membership and will not prevent you from exercising your rights as such.
II. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN CONFERENCES ORGANIZED BY ROALD, WHETHER YOU ARE A ROALD OR NOT A MEMBER
PROCESSING ON THE BASIS OF YOUR CONSENT
Data processing for the purpose of recording and participating in congresses or other medical events organized by RoALD
The purposes of processing your personal data based on your explicit consent are the registration and participation in congresses or other medical events organized by RoALD (hereinafter referred to as "RoALD events"), including:
- Collecting the participation fee for RoALD events;
- Making reservations, ensuring accommodation and transportation, if applicable;
- Issue of badges, participation prerequisites, participation program for RoALD events;
- Verifying attendance at RoALD events;
- Ensuring communication with participants at RoALD events, such as: receiving scientific papers to be supported within RoALD events / summaries of scientific papers, and submitting responses regarding them, ensuring communication with participants requesting additional information regarding RoALD events;
- Awarding of awards for various works supported during RoALD events;
- Issuing the diplomas for participation in RoALD events;
- Other activities inherent to the development of RoALD events
The categories of personal data processed for the purposes listed above are those mentioned in the online registration form at the event organized by RoALD, respectively:
- Identification data (first and last name; no. Of members in the Colegiul Medicilor din Romania; RoALD member account, if applicable);
- Banking data (no. Of the bank account, the bank and the branch to which it is opened);
- Contact details (e-mail address, telephone number);
- Data on professional activity (profession and specialty you are a part of, professional and university degree, current job).
If you are a RoALD member, and the personal data listed above are already in the RoALD member account, they will be automatically taken from the account, based on your consent, at the time of entering the participation form of the attached email address your RoALD account and password.
You may not agree to the processing of personal data listed for the purposes above, but in this case you will not be able to register and participate in RoALD events. You may withdraw your consent at any time, but processing prior to withdrawal of the consent will remain valid and legal.
Data processing for the purpose of transmission to the Colegiul Medicilor din Romania .The following categories of personal data can be used for transmission to the Colegiul Medicilor din Rmania in order to prove the continuous professional training of the participants in the RoALD events (for the accumulation of EMC points by the participants):
- Identification data (first and last name; no. Of members in the Colegiul Medicilor din Romania);
- Data on professional activity (profession and specialty you are a part of, professional and university degree, current job).
You have the right not to agree to this processing of your personal data, in which case you will be able to register and participate in RoALD events, but the data transfer to the Colegiul Medicilor din Romania will not be carried out. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but processing prior to withdrawing your consent will remain valid and legal.
PROCESSING ON THE BASIS OF ROALD'S LEGAL INTEREST
RoALD has a legitimate interest in promoting its activity both to specialized personnel and to the general public.
The way in which RoALD can promote its activity is to post on its own site pictures from the organized events, which is why it is necessary to process the image of the participants in the respective events.
Thus, the image of the participants in a RoALD event can be processed in order to promote that event.
When registering for the RoALD event, potential participants will be informed about this personal data processing performed based on RoALD's legitimate interest.
In conclusion, if you want to participate in an event organized by RoALD, you must bear in mind that at that event RoALD can take pictures.
III. IF YOU VISIT OUR SITE
IV. IF YOU CONTACT US THROUGH THE CONTACT FORM AVAILABLE ON THE SITEat will be published on the RoALD website.
In order to be able to answer your questions or to the information you send us through the contact form, we may collect, based on your consent expressed with the transmission of the message, the following personal data:
- Identification data (first and last name);
- Contact details (e-mail address).
Who has access to your data and who can we send it to?
I. IF YOU ARE OR WANT TO BE A ROALD MEMBER
Following the creation of a user account on RoALD’s website www.roald.ro, the personal data entered can be viewed both by the RoALD management personnel and / or the association's personnel, as well as by the IT developer in charge of maintenance. and the management of the site, as well as the specialized company that provides the hosting of the site.
The other personal data mentioned in the application for registration in RoALD, but not found in the online account of RoALD member, as well as those necessary to ensure the exercise of the rights and the fulfillment of the obligations stipulated by the RoALD Statute (such as the series and the identity card / passport number or the banking data ) may not be viewed by other RoALD members, but only by RoALD management and / or the staff of the association.
II. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN CONFERENCES ORGANIZED BY ROALD, WHETHER YOU ARE A ROALD MEMBER OR NOT
In case you are not a RoALD member, but only want to register for RoALD events, the data entered in the participation form cannot be viewed and / or accessed by RoALD members, but only by RoALD staff and, if applicable, individuals from RoALD management.
The IT developer in charge of site maintenance and management and the specialized company hosting the site, as well as the agencies that organize RoALD events and, if applicable, their subcontractors, can also have access to your personal data.
The IT developer, specialized company hosting the site and the event organizing agencies or, if applicable, the subcontractors of these agencies are not entitled to use your personal data for purposes other than those established by RoALD (which were listed above).
In this regard, we indicate that event organizing agencies and, if applicable, their subcontractors are not entitled to use your data for commercial purposes or for personal promotion.
Some of your personal data (name and surname; membership number in the Colegiul Medicilor din Romania, data on professional activity) may be transmitted to the Colegiul Medicilor din Romania following the participation in the RoALD events, if we have your express consent in this sense.
III. IF YOU VISIT OUR SITE
IV. IF YOU CONTACT US THROUGH THE CONTACT FORM AVAILABLE ON THE SITE
If you contact us through the contact form provided by the RoALD website, your data may be accessed by RoALD staff who will be involved in answering your questions or who will communicate with you and, if applicable, by the RoALD management. Also, your personal data can be accessed by the IT developer who deals with the maintenance and management of the site, as well as the specialized company that provides the hosting of the site.
V. SPECIFICATIONS VALID FOR ALL CATEGORIES OF PERSONS VISITED
We may transmit your personal data to public institutions and / or authorities (such as police, prosecutors, courts, executors, etc.) at their request, if the data transfer is necessary, and the request is based on a legal basis.
In addition, we will make every effort to ensure that your data does not leave the European Economic Area (EEA). To the extent that we will have to transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure that this transfer is legitimate and secure, based on your informed and explicit consent or other legal basis provided by the GDPR.
How long do we keep (store) your data?
We store your personal data only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes of the processing, which differs from case to case.
If your data is processed based on your consent, they will no longer be processed after you have withdrawn your consent. However, the withdrawal of the consent will not affect the validity and legality of the processing previously performed.
Subsequently, your personal data will be destroyed or deleted from computer systems or transformed into anonymous data for use in scientific, historical or statistical research. However, in certain expressly regulated situations, we may be able to store your data for a longer period if the law requires us to do so.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Your rights under the GDPR Regulation are as follows:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your data - the right to receive detailed information about the processing activities carried out by RoALD, as mentioned in this Policy on the protection of personal data;
- Right of access to data - you can request and obtain confirmation that your personal data is processed or not by RoALD, and if so, you can request access to them. Upon request, RoALD will also release a copy of your personal data processed.
- The right to rectify data - the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data and the completion of incomplete ones;
- The right to delete data (“the right to be forgotten”) - you can obtain the deletion of personal data in the situations expressly regulated by law, especially in the case of withdrawal of consent or if it is found that the processing of personal data was not legal . However, RoALD can anonymize those data and continue processing for statistical purposes.
- The right to restrict processing - in situations expressly regulated by law, especially if you dispute the accuracy of the respective personal data (during the period necessary to analyze whether those data are accurate or not) or if the processing proves to be illegal , but you do not want to delete that data, but only restrict processing.
- The right of opposition - you can at any time oppose the processing of your personal data based on the legitimate interest of RoALD, for reasons such as the particular situation in which you are;
- Right to data portability - you can request the transfer of your personal data to another data operator, in a structured format, which can be read automatically. This right is only applicable if the processing of personal data has as legal basis the need for processing for your accession to the RoALD association and compliance with the RoALD Statute, or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automatic means;
- Right of withdrawal of consent - in cases where the processing of personal data is based on consent, it can be withdrawn at any time, free of charge and without the need to motivate your choice in any way. Withdrawal of the consent will only take effect for the future, the processing carried out before the withdrawal will remain valid and legal;
- Additional rights related to automatic data processing decisions that could be made by RoALD - if RoALD makes automatic decisions regarding your personal data, you can either request and obtain human intervention or express your point to view the processing or to challenge the automatic decision.
- The right to file a complaint - if you consider this necessary, you can file a complaint regarding the way in which RoALD can process personal data both at the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (NSAPDP) and before the competent court.
However, it is important to note that the rights listed above are not absolute rights. Therefore, there are exceptions to their exercise, which is why each request received will be analyzed so that we can decide whether or not it is well founded. To the extent the claim is well founded, we will proceed as requested. If the claim is unfounded, we will reject it, but we will inform you of the reasons for the refusal and your rights to file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority and to bring you to justice.
The requests for the exercise of one or more rights from the ones listed above are sent to the Data Protection Officer within RoALD, or to the RoALD headquarters in Bucharest, Sector 2, Soş. Fundeni, Nr. 254, Et. 4, Cabinet 9 or email
As a rule, your request will be resolved as soon as possible, but no later than 1 month after receiving it. However, the deadline can be extended by a maximum of 2 months if your situation is very complex or the number of applications is very high, in which case we will notify you of the reasons for the delay within a maximum of 1 month after receiving the request.
If we are unable to identify you, we will not be able to respond to your request, which is why anonymous requests will not be considered.
How can you contact us?
The Data Protection Officer can also be contacted if there are any questions regarding any other aspect of personal data protection. It can be contacted either by sending a written, dated and signed request, to the RoALD headquarters mentioned above, with the mention that the request is in the attention of the Data Protection Officer, or by e-mail at roaldliver@ gmail.com.
Copyright © 2019 Romanian Association for Liver Diseases.